LEDIG STILLING: HORDALAND KUNSTSENTER SØKER NY LEDER (100%)
Hordaland Kunstsenter (HKS) is currently seeking a director who will continue the development of the institution as a vibrant and open art center for contemporary and applied art, with a high professional profile and an active role in the local, national and international art scene. Application deadline is October 1st.
About Hordaland Kunstsenter:
Hordaland Kunstsenter is an independent, artist-run, non-profit institution for exchange between arts professionals and mediation of contemporary and applied art. Hordaland Kunstsenter is situated in the centre of Bergen, and was established in 1976 by Bildende Kunstneres Forening Hordaland (BKFH) and Norske Kunsthåndverkere VestNorge (NKVN) as the first artist-run art centre in Norway.
Hordaland Kunstsenter’s main activities revolve around the exhibitions programme, seminars, artist talks and other events related to the contemporary art field. The art centre also works with art in public spaces, runs an international artist in residence programme, publishes books – both theoretical publications and artist books – and includes an artist-run café.
- Developing and implementing the artistic programme in cooperation with the staff, who share creative and administrative tasks
- Day-to-day operations, including HR responsibilities, general administrative activities and maintaining a dialogue with the board
- Developing a strategic direction and progress plans in accordance with Hordaland Kunstsenter’s statutes and visions
- Maintaining Hordaland Kunstsenter’s financial stability through budget management and funding applications
- Continuing the development of Hordaland Kunstsenter as a resource for the regional art scene, local artists and artist organizations
- High-level competence in the fields of contemporary and applied art, with a particular knowledge of the Norwegian and Scandinavian art scenes
- Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage large, complex projects while adhering to a budget
- Experience in writing applications
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English and one of the Scandinavian languages
- Good cooperative skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to manage and keep track of several projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
Preferred start date: 1 February 2018
The position is a 4 year fixed term contract, which may be extended with another period of 4 years.
This full time (100%) position requires that the candidate lives and works in Bergen.
The salary is negotiable, and subject to the enterprise federation Virke’s wage scale. Hordaland Kunstsenter is bound by Virke’s national agreement for museums and other cultural institutions (salary alternative A) – “Landsoverenskomst for museer og andre kulturinstitusjoner (lønnsalternativ A)”.
The application should include:
- A presentation of the applicant, previous projects and work experience
- A motivation letter that includes the applicant’s visions for the art centre
- Contact information for two professional references
Please send the application by email to Hordaland Kunstsenter’s board by 1 October: email@example.com
The elements of the application should be presented in one PDF of max 5 pages. If you have questions about the position or the application process, please contact our chairman of the board Æsa Björk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hordaland Art Centre based in Bergen, Norway was established 1976 as the first artist run art centre in Norway. Its activities are based around the exhibition programme with equal emphasis on seminars, presentations and dialogue. Since 1987 Hordaland Art Centre has hosted a Nordic residency programme, from 2008 also open to international artists, curators, writers and other art professionals.